[hpsdr] Mercury Spurious Emissions

Dan Mitchell danmitchell at embarqmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:22:09 PDT 2011

Mine does it too.
73,
Dan, W0IQ

-----Original Message-----
From: hpsdr-bounces at lists.openhpsdr.org
[mailto:hpsdr-bounces at lists.openhpsdr.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy McDermond
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 4:53 PM
To: OpenHPSDR (open)
Subject: [hpsdr] Mercury Spurious Emissions

I've been "doing the rounds" of some of the local hamfests with my OpenHPSDR
rig over the past couple of weeks and have run into a problem today.  It
seems as if Mercury is radiating spurious signals into the antenna
connector.  The symptom is showing up on 144.390 MHz.  I have tried removing
all boards from Atlas besides Mercury and pulling JP7 on the board to turn
off the 10MHz clock.  The signal is full-scale on an FM rig located near the
receiver.  When the antenna is removed from the BNC connector, the signal is
much weaker, but a handheld near the box will still pick up the signal.
Since it's happening with the 10MHz clock powered off, I'm assuming it has
to be some issue with one of the clocks derived from the 122.88MHz clock.
Not really sure where to start or whether folks have ideas on what could be
the issue here.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems