[hpsdr] Mercury Spurious Emissions

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sat Sep 10 23:55:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm really wondering at the discussion: An 'ancient' law says that each RF
device should operate in a metallic closure, only reasonably opened for
shielded connectors and may be ventilation through a metallic grid. If you
follow this recommendation you will have no problems. Forget every checks
with a handheld FM rig near the open closure.

All the spurs of my 2 mercuries directly connected with the spectrum
analyzer via BNC are below -80 dBm.

Don't worry, enjoy HPSDR

73 Helmut, DC6NY