[hpsdr] 15W AMP with LPFs for HPSDR

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sun Sep 11 11:52:05 PDT 2011

> I get more than -50dB harmonics and spurious suppression on the lower
> bands and about -41dB on 6M,  suppression on 6M should also go down to
> at least -50dB as well after I have tuned the alias notch filter on
> Hermes (Hermes generates an alias of 122.88Mhz - 54Mhz = 68.88Mhz
> which needs to be eliminated using an LC notch filter),

> I am confident that this AMP will pass FCC compliance.

Excellent news, Abhi!

Here in the USA, specs for VHF systems are tighter still.

"97.307 (e) The mean power of any spurious emission from a station transmitter or external RF power amplifier transmitting on a frequency between 30 and 225 MHz must be at least 60 dB below the mean power of the fundamental. For a transmitter having a mean power of 25 W or less, the mean power of any spurious emission supplied to the antenna transmission line must not exceed 25 µW and must be at least 40 dB below the mean power of the fundamental emission, but need not be reduced below the power of 10  µW."

Thank you for all your work supporting HPSDR!
73,
Bruce, N1RX