[hpsdr] Spurious Emissions

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Sun Sep 11 21:47:43 PDT 2011

Hey!   "Spurious Emissions!"   When I saw that I immediately concluded that
"here is someone born in 1939."   I don't think that these young squirts
know about such stuff.   Anyway, when I decided to ground my SDR computer I
simply took some thin copper and cut appropriate holes for a serial port
connector.   Some inspection had led me to believe that such connectors
seemed to be attached to a true common on the mother board.   But the new
computers seems to lack anything but USB so I don't know what I'll do when
that time comes.   But my "earthing technique" does seem to work and while I
did manage to kill the first PC I put in the shack things have been
relatively peaceful now....  But then, 1939 was a long time ago and maybe I
won't have to worry!

73

Lee   K9WRU