[hpsdr] Pennylane problem (suspect hardware issue) - a few pointers needed

Paul Fletcher paul_fletcher at me.com
Mon Sep 19 04:39:52 PDT 2011

OK a quick update. It's not a hardware problem. What threw me was the Penny
card that seemed to behave was running an older version of firmware.
Previously I was powering down HPSDR, changing cards, and powering back up
and in this config Penny worked fine. When I started from cold PowerSDR
complained about out of date Penny firmware so I updated it and now Penny
shows the same problems as Pennylane. This means my Pennylane hardware is
probably OK. Using the latest version of W5WC (1.9.3.4 9/18/11).

I haven't tried KISS yet as I need to arrange something to monitor the
transmitted signal (the PSDR issue was detected in the monitored audio and
also when recording pre-processed TX audio).

I should have more time tonight to do some more investigation - incidentally
this is not related to TX RF power either - it does it at zero drive without
any external PA.

Regards,
Paul M1PAF