[hpsdr] multiple Alex sets

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Sep 19 12:03:24 PDT 2011

Bruce,

I ordered a complete Tx/Rx set for each Mercury, as I wanted both a
high pass filter and a low pass filter to combine to make a band pass
filter for each Mercury.  Also, it's handy, as you note, to use a
complete Tx/Rx set when using multiple Mercury boards because the Tx
filter board has an integral T/R switch on it and thus eliminates the
need to handle T/R switching separately.

Further, having multiple Tx boards keeps the option open to utilize
multiple, phased transmitter boards some day, if I wish.

73,  Joe K5SO