[hpsdr] Direction Finder using Dual-Mercury Diversity Operation

Abhi Arunoday abhiarunoday at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:57:31 PDT 2011

>I think a self-contained (new) board design would be the cleanest
>approach if there is demand for an efficient single-board DF rig.
>However, as I also mentioned, the current selection of HPSDR boards
>provides the base setup for a direction finding configuration already;
>namely, using multiple coherent Mercury receivers.  So we already have
>in hand the essential hardware necessary to demonstrate the DF
>feasibility.  If/when the steering program is fully operational, it
>may generate sufficient interest in DF activity to warrant the group's
>serious attention toward developing a single-board DF project.   That
>is, unless there is already sufficient interest in the group!
>
>In any case, we can certainly mull over the possibilities ourselves
>and even put some single-board designs together if we need something
>new to occupy our time!

Joe,

How about an SDR Board with 2 ADCs, 2 DACs (for transmit beam
forming), FBGA FPGA and a Gigabit Ethernet this can be done easily as
I can adapt the Hermes PCB
to add the extra components, the size of the PCB would obviously increase.

The time consuming critical ground plane system is already sorted out,
I can give this a shot if you have the time for the software
development.

Regards,

Abhi