[hpsdr] VHF/UHF downconverter project for HPSDR

Ante Vukorepa o.orcinus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:52:45 PDT 2011

> Hi Ante, I happen to use a variation of your B1 "solution" on 70 cm EME with good results with polarization diversity using an HP-8642B synthesizer for the LO, a Mini-Circuits ZAPD-900-5W-S+ splitter to drive two MiniCircuits ZX05-C24LH-S+ mixers, followed by the MiniCircuits BLP-50+ low pass filters to yield an IF at 10 meters for the HPSDR dual Mercury receivers to use.

I've had something a tad cheaper (and more integrated) in mind, but i'm glad to hear the concept is sound. Also, thanks for outlining the signal path, it'll save me the trouble of browsing through MiniCircuits' plethora of mixers and LP filters :)

> Good luck with your project! 73, Joe K5SO

Thanks!

--
Ante Vukorepa
Sent with Sparrow (http://bit.ly/sigsprw)