[hpsdr] PowerSDR v2.2.3.dual_Mercury1 (K5SO 25SEP2011), , Metis board not detected

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Sep 28 01:50:23 PDT 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:36 AM, wully wrote:

> Hi Ted, Hi Joe
>
> Just a reminder: when one wants to use Metis, one needs the winpcap library, which can be downloaded from the website
>
> winpcap.org
>

> This is necessary, because the metis communication runs partially on "bare" ethernet.

This shouldn't be necessary anymore for "normal" operations.  Nothing in the running protocol is on "bare" ethernet.  The only pieces which should still require the pcap functions are HPSDRProgrammer because its operations are indeed using raw ethernet frames.  The first versions of PowerSDR did require pcap during Metis's development, but I'm pretty sure the requirement was removed for release.

It's certainly not required.  Heterodyne does not use raw ethernet frames for anything.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com