[hpsdr] Warbling audio on Tx.

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 05:29:12 PDT 2011

Hi

At the suggestion of Phil Harman, VK6APH, and Mike, G8ALS, I re-calibrated via Alex. The result is a much more stable set up but I'm still getting the odd power drop in 2-tone test. The power drop is accompanied by a distortion in the shape of the peaks in the panadapter display. Instead of 2 sharp peaks, during the power drop the peaks have sharp tops but the base broadens considerably. This all happens so fast it's difficult to estimate the level at which the broad base becomes a sharp peak again.

Unfortunately nobody seemed to want to talk to me this morning so I can't say whether the warble has disappeared yet.

I think I'll try swapping the meatier ATX board into the box and see if that has any effect. That'll take a while with all the reboots to load the appropriate drivers. Good old Microsoft - some say. :-)

73 Chris G4NUX