[hpsdr] about latency growth with HPSDR

Riho B., ES7AAZ es7aaz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:00:40 PDT 2011

Steve,

It may be right that SDR is not capable to run time sensitive applications.
I was scoping 10Mhz WWV today, output shows that real time/SDR time
varies, escpecially while minimizing and maximizing PowerSDR window
which causes higher CPU load. IIt was @ 48kHz sampling rate  all over
the path, biggest buffers, no audioble drop-outs, max DPC latency 170?s.
Anyway, it's now clear why's there are drop-outs while listening DRM, why's
there are out of sync line blocks in SSTV, why's digital SSTV misses the
blocks.
I'm not struggling with it anymore. All the other, CW and SSB works just
fine.

73's,
Riho, ES7AAZ.

29.09.2011 23:56, Steve Bunch kirjutas: