[hpsdr] Pennylane i2c address question

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Mon Apr 2 04:06:34 PDT 2012

Hi

After a lengthy pause, I try to use Magister again. The system consists
of mercury, pennylane, excalibur and ozy.

When I try to write to i2c address to check the presence of the exciter
with code:

nt i2c_address=0x1b; // penelope
unsigned char buf[3]={0x1e,0x00,0x00}; //    1E 00 - Reset chip (intern
1111)
int errcode;
     errcode = Write_I2C(uhd,i2c_address , buf, 2);
     if (errcode<=0)
     {
         fprintf(stderr,"Penelope not present, no TLV-Init %i\n",errcode);
         return;
     }

I don't see pennylane, so I don't initialize TLV and so the microphone
does not work.

Questions:
1) does pennylane have another i2c address?
2 which one?
3) Is the code not ok for pennylane?

73, hb9epu