[hpsdr] Trimble Thunderbolt

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Wed Apr 18 06:17:47 PDT 2012

Dear All,

I've noticed one or two entries of late regarding frequency governance.
For the record I've been using a Trimble Thunderbolt for approximately 3
years, I purchased it via eBay from a supplier in China, he charged me
about $100 for the thunderbolt and a further $20 for a power supply. It
has given exemplary service so far, and according to the Thunderbolt
Monitor Software that runs alongside, its accuracy after a 20 min warmup
is + or - 0.02 ppb at 10 MHz, and to within + or -0.1 ns on its pps output.

I noticed a considerable improvement in frequency accuracy when I
incorporated Excalibur into my HPSDR setup, and a similar improvement
when governed by the Trimble Thunderbolt.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.