[hpsdr] Hermes check out

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Apr 13 19:11:02 PDT 2012

Jeremy,

Thanks for posting the photos of your gorgeous Hermes finished product.  After seeing the photos of yours I immediately ordered one too.  Nice!

This evening I took the advice posted earlier about using a common radial arm saw to cut the case down a bit.  I put a new carbide blade on the radial arm saw and simply sawed about 0.082" off the end of the case and covers so that I can use the black plastic bevels on mine with the Hermes board.  Worked great!  Cuts smooth, looks great, no problems.

Since Hermes was working fine sitting open on my desk I doubt that the plastic pieces on the case will cause any problems whatsoever but if I discover that they do I'll post something to that effect.  The Hermes housing with the plastic pieces in place matches the Antec enclosure that I use for the Atlas-based HPSDR setup very well, so I just couldn't leave them off.

Thanks again for the heads up!

73,  Joe K5SO

Begin forwarded message: