[hpsdr] Atlas LED Markings

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Fri Apr 20 18:17:22 PDT 2012

Hi Ken,
   Do you have a multimeter whose ohms range puts about 2 volts across
the test leads?
I'm using a very cheap Cen-Tech digital multimeter on the 200 ohm range
or the diode test
setting.

With no cards installed on Atlas--

Locate a row of unused vias next to the row of LEDS.  If you connect the
negative DMM lead to
the ground pad next to the mounting hole next to c23, and connect the
positive DMM lead to
the via next to the +12 LED it should light.  Similarly, connect the
positive lead to the via next to
the +3.3 LED, and also to the via next to the +5v LED, and they should
light.

Switch the DMM leads, so the positive one goes to ground and touch the
negative lead to the vias
next to the -12 and -5 LEDS, and they should light.

If you get LED light with these polarities, the LEDs are installed
correctly.  If you have to reverse the
DMM polarities, the LEDs are in backwards.

73,
Dave
wa8ywq