[hpsdr] 200 watts through Alex

Matthew J Wolf mwolf at speciosus.net
Thu Aug 2 14:26:46 PDT 2012

I would like to use a 180 watt AN762 Amp and outboard LPF with Alex. I
would bypass the Alex LPF because the T-50 cores are only good for 100
watts.  The relays on the Alex TX board are also only good for a 100 watts.

Would it be safe to pass 200 watts through 6m / Bypass rail on the Alex
TX by replace some of the relays?

I'm thinking that relays: K5 ( T/R switch), K17 K18 K19 ( 6m / bypass ),
and K14 (ANT3) would at minum need to be replaced. Would the TE
Connectivity relay D3026 ( Digikey PB1118-ND ) be a suitable replacement
relay? Its current and voltage ratings are double of the Omron G6H-2DC12
relay.

Is my idea of replacing the relays valid?

-Thanks
  Matthew Wolf, N4MTT