[hpsdr] Power supply

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Wed Aug 1 17:58:43 PDT 2012

Hello Jacques,

Here are some measurements of current drawn from the +5 volt supply:
metis      441 mA    (at 100MHz ethernet, significantly higher at 1 Gb)
mercury    933 mA    (will be significantly higher when multiple
receivers are being used)
penelope   182 mA
excalibur    2 mA

from the +12v supply:
penelope will probably draw at least 100 mA
pennylane maybe twice that much?
excalibur 40 mA

I do not have either of the Alex boards, so I cannot measure their
current draw.

I have only +5v and +12v supplies.

II do not provide -12v, -5v, or +3.3v to Atlas.  For my setup (and
yours) they are not needed.

73,
Dave
WA8YWQ

On 8/1/2012 2:34 AM, f6bki at orange.fr wrote:

> Hello All,  just received my TAPR modules : Mercury,Alex filters,
> ,Metis, Pennylane, Excalibur,  now looking at a power supply .
> on the Atlas doc it looks like I need +12v,-12v,+5v,-5v,3.3v , looking
> at the HPSDR LPU doc it is mentionned that that 3.3v is not needed for
> most cards ???
> Is there a document adressing the needed DC voltage by module ?
> Thank you
> 73
> Jacques F6BKI

Clear Stream Technologies