[hpsdr] Mounting Hermes

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Thu Aug 16 04:47:44 PDT 2012

G'day Kjell,

Understood. I've an account with element14 and they stock the heat sink:

4306557 FISCHER ELEKTRONIK - ICK SMD E 15 SA $6.99

However, thermal tape and adhesives are not cheap:

1211723 FISCHER ELEKTRONIK - WLK 5 - ADHESIVE, THERMAL CONDUCTIVE $46.77
1841554 ELECTROLUBE - TBS20S - ADHESIVE, THERMAL BONDING, 2 PART $19.73

An alternative may be a copper forged 14mmx14mm BGA heatsink with a 3M
8815 adhesive tape

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enzotech-BCC9-BMR-C1L-Low-Profile-Copper-BGA-Heatsink-/330701170645?pt=US_Memory_Chipset_Cooling&hash=item4cff5367d5

It is 9mm in height, 1mm taller than the Fischer heatsink, but I can't
see any reasons why it couldn't be trimmed down if required. This is a
pack of 8 heatsinks @ $14.95.

Thanks,

73, Berndt
VK5ABN