[hpsdr] eSSB for SDR's

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Aug 25 13:21:53 PDT 2012

Dear Abhi,
I wasn't aware that PowerSDR had the same level of support, with bandwidth allowed as wide
as KISS does, for eSSB and wb-AM.  As I said, I was 'unaware' of other software having the
same capability.  Thank you for pointing that out.  But Ken didn't mention that software,
or KISS, in his discussion of eSSB et al.

And of course PowerSDR works fine with the original TAPR boards, such as Mercury,
Penelope, PennyLane, etc.  It doesn't JUST work with Hermes or Angelia.  Hermes is of
course a TAPR-funded project, and TAPR deserves to get significant credit for this project
coming to fruition!

I got the picture of Ken's relationship with your company based on his statements and
actions.  He's the US 'support person' for your hardware, isn't he?  Appointed by your
company?  When he speaks of late (since being appointed), he speaks mostly only of YOUR
products and NOT also of the TAPR products that do similar things.  That seems to suggest
a beneficial relationship with your company, even if not paid money.  If he spoke in a
more neutral way, not mentioning only Apache products, but the other TAPR/OpenHPSDR
products in the same breath, I wouldn't have an issue.

73,
George K9TRV