[hpsdr] Ethernet switch recommendation?

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Wed Dec 5 06:49:41 PST 2012

In order to connect my Hermes to my network, I purchased an inexpensive
Ethernet switch (Zuniconnect ZS-105).  It was described as being full
duplex.  However, when I connect my Ethernet line, computer and Hermes
to the switch, there is no communication between the Hermes and
computer.  The bottom line is that the switch is no better than a hub.
(BTW, communication is fine if I connect the Hermes directly to the
Ethernet port on the computer.)  I've since learned that there are
various levels of switches, and apparently the one I purchased was not
suitable.

Can someone recommend a switch that will work properly in this
application and not break the bank?

73, Joe
K2XX