[hpsdr] Help getting hermes/anan10 going under linux please

stephen pearce pearce.sg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 20:17:29 PST 2012

Hi

Could someone point me or talk me thru setting this up please

H/w
Anan10 with tapr hermes board
pc is pentium 4 2.8GHz .. dual core and 750 MB ram

I have connected thru a Linksys wag54g wireless router
and ided the dhcp assigned ip of the pc and of the anan10.

s/w
os is Ubuntu 11.04 (natty)

I can ping the router and the anan10 ..

software I would like to get going is ghpsdr3 ..

I can compile the server and run it.

I use the following :-
./server --receivers 1 --samplerate 96000 --dither on --random on --metis &
This produces a hex dump to the terminal and then output from the terminal
stops
although the ethernet activity leds on the router and the anan10 continue to
pulse. The software seems stable.
(what information can you get from this?)

I then ran dspserver
./dspserver --server 127.0.0.1
 ok ..

but
monitor won't compile due to a gtk library error ..

"
In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkcairo.h:28:0,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:33,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
from configure.c:27:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkpixbuf.h:37:35: fatal error:
gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkcairo.h:28:0,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:33,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
from monitor.c:34:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkpixbuf.h:37:35: fatal error:
gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [all] Error 1
.........."

and I cannot find what library I need to add to fix this

I had a go with QtRadio also ..QtHPSDRserver and QtDSPServer compile ok
...QtHPSDRServer fails with a runtime error when I push the start button ...
and QtRadio won't compile.

I then tried the ghpsdr3-qt archive (svn)
and can run

QtHPSDRServer .. which seems a bit flakey
I can configure and then start .. and get audio from the onboard gheadphone
port on the herms
but only at the set up freq (7056000Hz)

QtDSPServer also seems to run but briefly .. aborting with a run time error

But when I tried compiling QtRadio I got this compile error :-

/home/s/Desktop/An10/Qt/trunk/src/QtRadio-build-desktop/../QtRadio/UI.h:38:
error: QtMultimedia/QAudioFormat: No such file or directory

and it was not obvious to me how to install this module?

I tried looking at the windows software but it requires NET.4 which is over
600MB and it all seems too cumbersome.

Thanks

de zl1any
Stephen