[hpsdr] FW: Mercury firmware upgrade problems

Robert Wallace rjwall2 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 8 04:07:11 PST 2012

Further to my previous email, I have not been successful in updating my
mercury firmware.

I have tried endless things to update the firmware without success,
hopefully someone will be able to point out the errors of my ways....

The drivers load OK and the Magister changes from a "Ozy/Magister Assisted
firmware load" too "Altera USB-Baster" in device manager.

I can select the version of qprogrammer 10.1 = 9 and the version of firmware
3.3 = O.

Then it bombs out with "Hardware cable not detected"

My directory structure is; C:\altera\10.1sp1\qprogrammer\drivers\USB-Blaster

The load is below;

usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 1
ResetCPU(true).......returns 1
UploadFirmware('\ozyfw-sdr1k.hex\')...HPSDR_UploadFirmware: Processed 740
lines.

...returns 740
ResetCPU(false).......returns 1

usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 1
75596 bytes transferred.
LoadFPGA succeeded!

usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 1
ResetCPU(true).......returns 1
UploadFirmware('\std.hex\')...HPSDR_UploadFirmware: Processed 432 lines.
...returns 432
ResetCPU(false).......returns 1

Which version of the Quartus Programmer are you using?

 1. Quartus V8.1
 2. Quartus V9.0
 3. Quartus V9.0sp1
 4. Quartus V9.0sp2
 5. Quartus V9.1
 6. Quartus V9.1sp1
 7. Quartus V9.1sp2
 8. Quartus 10.0
 9. Quartus V10.1sp1
 A. Quartus V11.0sp1
 B. Quartus V11.1sp2
 Q. Quit

Type the number and press Enter:9

A. Program using Mercury_v1
B. Program using Mercury_v2.1
C. Program using Mercury_v2.2
D. Program using Mercury_v2.3
E. Program using Mercury_v2.4
F. Program using Mercury_v2.5
G. Program using Mercury_v2.6
H. Program using Mercury_v2.7
I. Program using Mercury_v2.8
J. Program using Mercury_v2.9a
K. Program using Mercury_Apollo_Test ** not for general use!
L. Program using Mercury_v3.0
Leu. Program using Mercury_eu_V3.0
M. Program using Mercury_v3.1
N. Program using Mercury_v3.2
O. Program using Mercury_v3.3

Z. Mercury Test (carrier at 7.68MHz)
Q. Quit

Type the letter and press Enter:O

Error: Programming hardware cable not detected Press any key to continue . .
.

I am ready to abort my pursuit of HPSDR and return to my 70% completed
single board PICASTAR.....
Rob Wallace VK6KAA