[hpsdr] PowerSDR on Linux???

David R. Wilson david at wwns.com
Fri Dec 7 09:55:35 PST 2012

Hello Aivars,

It only means maybe.
A friend of mine has been working some on getting the code to work on
Linux.  There is still much to be done.  I did some of the work
debugging firewire code (along with others) over a couple of years ago.
That part (which was at least one initial stumbling block) is now out of
the way.

I don't think Android is going to handle that for for a couple of
reasons.  AFAIK there is not a firewire interface for Android hardware.
The other unknown is whether that platform would be fast enough to
decode the SDR data.  I might be in error.  We have to get a bit further
down the road to having something working before being able to make much
of a guess as to what can and can't be done.

Right now the focus is only proving we can get code ported to hardware
that will work on 64 or 32 bit x86 Linux or possibly the MAC platform.
All that said, I am not much of a programmer :-).

Dave
KU4B