[hpsdr] Frequency offset using Excalibur

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sat Dec 8 14:10:45 PST 2012

I don't think it is a valid indication of absolute receive frequency error.
I believe it has to do with the CW mode offsets. It seems to be dependant
upon the pitch setting in the CW mode. I -do- know that I participated in a
FMT a couple years ago, and got within a few dozen milliHertz of the
transmitting stations actual freqs on 3 bands, and within 9 mHz on 20M. I
couldn't have done that with a system error of over 8 Hz.

I can't explain the error using the phase display on CW mode on an AM
carrier right now, but I am sure there will be an explanation forthcoming.

73,
Bruce, N1RX