[hpsdr] strong signal performance for HERMES +ANAN-10

Mike Stevenson mike.g8als at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 11 04:34:39 PST 2012

Hi Peter
Do you have the noise blanker turn on?

Mike G8ALS

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter n Di
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:16 PM
To: 'HPSDR Lists'
Subject: [hpsdr] strong signal performance for HERMES +ANAN-10

Hello,
  I recently started to play with my HERMES and ANAN-10 combo on six metres
and find it is severely compromised by the signal from a local beacon on
50.315MHz.  I end up with over 20 images of the beacon across the bottom
section of 50MHz. (50.0 - 30.350 is my window of interest)

Now I am a SDR novice so it may be something I am doing that is wrong but at
this point I have not made any alterations to the standard HERMES config but
have been using the ANT3 input on the ANAN-10 PA board.

Can anyone on the reflector offer any advice on how to improve the strong
signal performance of HERMES on 50MHz?

Regards,

Peter Sumner, vk5pj

HPSDR Discussion List