[hpsdr] CW Skimmer and Mercury receiver

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Dec 16 17:18:03 PST 2012

All,

Perhaps I can shed some light on the CW Skimmer question.

Alex, VE3NEA, wrote a special version of Mercury and Ozy code for use with
CW Skimmer.  This used the JTAG bus on Alex to load the new code into
Mercury when his code was run. I can't remember the full details but it
may have implemented seven individual receivers.

Alex is presently working his magic on the Hermes code to convert my
scratchings in the sand to his usual level of software perfection.

Part of this will be to provide CW Skimmer support. Its a big job to
rewrite all the code from scratch so please be patient.

Since much of the Hermes code is common to the HPSDR board set then it
will be possible (by others) to migrate Alex's new code into Metis - hence
his comment about not supporting Metis.

73 Phil...VK6APH