[hpsdr] KISS 1.1.24 used with VAC from digital program?

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Sun Dec 16 21:01:34 PST 2012

G'day,

The way I see it, KISS is a software application used by hardware
developers to test HPSDR hardware. Bloating this application by adding
extra functionality would IMHO be counter productive and I have to agree
with George.

Having said this, I wouldn't define KISS as a learning platform as it
adds nothing to advance knowledge in digital signal processing. Its a
hardware controller with some built-in DSP capabilities.

Software such as Matlab, Scilab and GnuRadio on the other hand may be
categorised as educational/research platforms as these applicatons
empower users to design, simulate, implement and test digital
communication concepts amongst many other things.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN