[hpsdr] LAN - WLAN

Bernd Gasser bernd.gasser at tele2.at
Wed Dec 19 01:52:34 PST 2012

Hi Gerhard,
I'm running a similar setup on WLAN but noticed that the bandwidth may be
too low especially for the higher traffic when running RX2 and I'm sometimes
getting distortions on Audio.

Regarding your setup '2 Gigabyte switches - Ubiquiti 5 GHz link / 180
Mbs/~900 ft - 2 Gigabyte switches' - I'm assuming you are running the
Ubiquiti in bridge-mode (L2) or do you have them setup as routers with
different IP-subnets?

If on IP-subnets, I'd have a few questions (maybe also to the greater
audience):
When having Hermes and the PC on different IP-subnets, how does discovery of
Hermes work? - Fixed IP on Hermes? - But how to convince PowerSDR to
identify and select a specific Hermes board on a 'remote' IP-subnet? - As I
have seen PSDR is just doing a broadcast on local subnet to find Hermes or
Metis. Not sure what happens here with multiple Hermes/Metis on same
IP-subnet?

Assuming there is a way to identify a specific Hermes/Metis board on local
or remote IP-subnets, would it be supported to run multiple different boards
on same LAN? In this case - how to assign a specific board to one of
multiple instances of PSDR?

Background for the questions - I'm running three HPSDR TRX now (Ozy(USB) /
Metis&Hermes(LAN)) and I'd be looking for a way to run Hermes and Metis in
parallel on the same NW or have it accessible from remote (i.e. HAMNET).

73,
Bernd/OE1ACM