[hpsdr] LAN - WLAN

Bernd Gasser bernd.gasser at tele2.at
Wed Dec 19 04:24:59 PST 2012

Thanks John and Gerhard for the quick reply and clarification!

For remote access I was successfully using John Melton's ghpsdr3 servers but
wondered if there are some hidden options to PowerSDR or some config-tricks
to also run the boards on a remote subnet or network.
The dspservers of ghpsdr3 nicely reduces traffic over the links and is
routable but the Qt-Radio or Java clients don't offer all the features
(including TX support) as PSDR has. cuSDR with TX-support maybe an
interesting alternative with its client-server concept.

Maybe there is room for future enhancements for PowerSDR to be able to
connect to a specific board (similar to cuSDR or KK is doing it...) and make
them accessible from remote? - It definitely would be nice to run multiple
TRX on same subnet and access the boards from outside i.e. via HAMNET (of
course assuming there is enough bandwidth on the link...).

Thanks & 73,
Bernd/OE1ACM