[hpsdr] Chirp RADAR mode for HERMES

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Dec 26 00:16:03 PST 2012

Hi Peter,

Chirp modulation has not yet been implemented in Hermes but is on my 'to do'
list.  It will also support a chirp receiver in that you will be able to
feed a 1 PPS signal from a GPS receiver into Hermes in order to time stamp
the received signals.

In terms of PC support,  cuSDR by Hermann, DL3HVH, will have a chirp decoder
mode. I've been fortunate to test an early beta version and the expected S/N
improvements are fully realised.

With Don, VK6HK, now SK the drive and motivation for the chirp mode as
fallen off a little.

73 Phil...VK6APH
(not quite so Down Under as Peter)