[hpsdr] cuSDR + Hermes - Audio question

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Sun Dec 30 06:47:59 PST 2012

Hi Dave,
I used an inexpensive "line isolator" and a "Y" connector at the
headphones. I plug my powered PC speakers into one of the "Y" ports
and the line isolator from the other port to the "LINE IN" of my PC.
Works great and from Line-In I can pipe the sound to any recording
software or VAC if needed.

That method certainly worked for my experimental video about cuSDR64
which can be found here:
http://www.n9vv.com/4rx-at-once-Windows-7-cuSDR64.mp4

Line isolators are small transformers that are conveniently encased in
plastic and have RCA connectors on each end of a meter long wire. I
purchased mine at the local "Radio Shack". I see there are many for sale
on eBay and from other dealers. They are used to eliminate "ground
loops" between old SDR sound card gear (QSD) and the PC. I am glad I
have them around for the new DDC/DUC Transceivers :-) :-)

cheers,
73 de Ken N9VV