[hpsdr] Not a VNA, not a TDR

Gregory W. Ratcliff nz8r at att.net
Mon Dec 31 10:44:36 PST 2012

Just when we think we have enough projects, is there any support for:

Some code to turn our HPSDR systems into fair quality signal / pulse generators.
I have a friend who has underground low voltage lighting cable that has faulted.
While chatting with him I happened to be sitting in front of my Hermes board and thought to myslef "all I really need to find his fault is an Oscilliscope (have one) and a nice pulse generator (don't have one) and a BNC T connector".
Yes, yes I think I could do this with RF and the VNA, but I haven't built this yet.

Thoughts?

Greg Ratcliff
NZ8R on the air