[hpsdr] SWR Problems with PennyLane

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sun Feb 5 20:54:52 PST 2012

Hi Mark,

Make sure that there is a jumper on JP2 pins 1-2. That jumper is used
to separate the DAC/filter circuitry from the PA stages. If it is
missing (or on pins 2-3), you will get no output.

If you want to check the "drive" level to the ADC, you can put your
meter on J7 pin 17. This should be a voltage level commensurate with
the drive control. (This point is also the junction of C23 and R45,
which might be easier to put your probe on than the fine-pitch IC
pin.)  If you get zero volts there, it is probably because you either
are using an old revision of Pennylane/Penelope FPGA code, or you
have checked "Penelope" instead of "Pennylane" in the setup.  Just
something to look at if you want to dig into it.

The voltage may only be there during transmit, maybe Phil could
answer that question.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI