[hpsdr] I need a builder

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Wed Feb 15 12:00:03 PST 2012

Another thing that is useful is to get some lead-free solder paste - you
can tack down the corners easily with it with a minimal amount of heat.

I have used a lot of this - and found it to be quite helpful, while putting
parts together for my HPSDR Radio kit.  In fact, without it - I am not sure
I'd been able to put all of the SMT parts on myself.

This is just a general rule - especially with RoHS.  And for you guys that
want to say something like you can't solder as well with RoHS as you can
with leaded - I will do the same thing that I did with my tech here at work
- make a long story short; he's making bright, shiny solder joints with his
new RoHS station now.  Right tools and process for the job yields the right
result.

73's,
John
AJ6BC