[hpsdr] New Project: Pandora Maximus

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Feb 16 11:04:45 PST 2012

On 2/16/2012 1:53 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:

> I just finished this project yesterday:
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GrJwevuCsyImMpRR4n8OoNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
>
> I picked up the box from the Tektronix surplus sale a few months ago for all of $20.  I had a local shop (The Foam Man here in Corvallis) fill it with foam and cut out nice holes for all of the equipment.  The box contains everything to make an HPSDR setup go sans a monitor.  I'm still working on that.  This should make it a little easier to bring along to the shows that I exhibit it at, including Dayton.

Looks great!  Before packing it up for real travel, though, I'd check to
make sure that the individual boards in Pandora are well secured -- I
found that even with foam tape on the lid, after a rough trip the cards
were jostled around and needed to be reseated (in fact, I think that
shorty, Excalibur, had actually bounced out entirely).

John