[hpsdr] varying teamspeak audio levels

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 07:03:25 PST 2012

Thank you Jim.  The Levelator is a nice tool.

In the past, I had tried the Audacity leveler
and was disappointed with the results.

For the 18/Feb TeamSpeak session, I did the
normal editing in Audacity.  The levels were
pretty good, I didn't have to grab the volume
control while listening live.  There was a little
recovery delay by the Automatic Voice Gain
Control when the user had high-level transients.

I exported the Audacity file to a Wave format,
then copied it to a PC that was still running
Windows XP.  On that PC I used Levelator on
the wave file.  I'm glad that it was faster
than real-time.  I'll try to remember to time
it next week.  I transferred the output Wave
file back to my Linux PC and opened it with
Audacity and exported to an MP3 file.

Your SpeechEnhancer web site is interesting.

73,
Mike - AA8K