[hpsdr] ghpsdr3-alex build problem

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Tue Jan 3 21:54:24 PST 2012

I'm trying to build ghpsdr3-alex from source, using the instructions
from the wiki readme, but at the very end I run into a problem. I
installed all the dependencies as listed, including building the latest
version of libevent. But then when running configure, I get the
following error:

The libusb-0.1 library and header file required to build ghpsdr3.

However, libusb-0.1 is installed. If I try to re-install it, the package
manager tells me I already have the latest version. Running apt-cache
search libusb-0.1 doesn't reveal any other packages that I can install.
I did apt-get update and apt-get clean, but the problem persists.

I have a later version of libusb installed (1.0). Could that be causing
the problem?

Mark - K4XML