[hpsdr] Client software for Mac OSX

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Fri Jan 6 08:00:31 PST 2012

Having succeeded in getting various HPSDR-related software programs running
on my Windows and Ubuntu systems, I'm now turning my attention to my MacBook
Pro. Since it's a laptop, I'm primarily interested in running a client that
can communicate with dspserver, provided by ghpsdr3, as opposed to running
Heterodyne or ghpsdr on the MacBook.

On the wiki page for ghpsdr, I see the following:

The software is available from SVN and includes a precompiled executable in
the bin directory. There are now a compiled version of the 64-bit Linux
version, 32-bit Linux version and the MacOS version. The README explains how
to compile the source if you wish to modify the code.

Since this code does not currently run on Windows here is the Linux svn
command,

 svn co svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/N6LYT/ghpsdr3

Maybe it's because I'm using the read-only repo at www.xenotropic.com while
the one at svn.openhpsdr.org is not available, but I don't find either of
the two items I'm looking for that were mentioned in the wiki post. In the
bin directory for the OSX release I see only HPSDRProgrammer.app, and I can
find neither make files, configure scripts, nor instructions for building
any of the programs from source code.

Could someone point me to where I might find binary files and/or build
instructions for OSX clients? John mentions jMonitor and qtMonitor in one of
the documents in the repo, but he notes that these are simple demo programs.
I found a post during Internet search where someone said they successfully
built QtRadio for OSX, and I also see QtRadio source files in the repo
mentioned above. So I'm primarily interested in getting QtRadio running on
the Mac, but would also like to try jMonitor and qtMonitor.

Mark - K4XML