[hpsdr] PC for PowerSDR

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 03:51:12 PST 2012

Hi

My progress with HPSDR on PowerSDR has been rather slow due to my own incompetence including trying to use a processor with insufficient power (Intel Atom 1.6GHz + 2GB memory).

Over the festive season I swapped in a Gigabyte GA-946GMX-S2 ATX board with 4GB of memory and an Intel Core 2 Quad processor at 2.4GHz. This had been powering a seldom used  dual boot Fedora 13/WinXP set up. Seldom used as my main system is an iMac.

As a result of this new motherboard/processor I'm no longer seeing/hearing the odd drop-out of of the Rx audio accompanied by flat-lining on the panadaptor. Nor am I seeing an irregular drop in power output in tune mode so I've achieved something,

I'm curious though. What is displayed on the panadaptor during Tx? It appears to be a steep-sided/sharp cut-off curve, who's base-line has been suppressed or at least is not visible, which has some sort of modulation imposed on it when there is input via the mic.

Now I just need to get my AN762 PA back in service and I should be able to get out and be heard.

Happy New Year one and all.

73

Chris G4NUX