[hpsdr] Cyclops project review

Doug Gibbs gibbsd at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 13:56:50 PST 2012

Hi Phil,

I like the new concept for Cyclops.  As far as image detection is concerned, if the center frequency  (L.O.) is increased, shouldn't the real signals move left in the display and the images move right?  You could implement a image detect/reject mode that saves the FFT and then increments the L.O. slightly and then compares the new FFT to the old one, to determine the what direction the signals in the band scope moved.  Then use the information to either tag (color?) or eliminate the images in the display.  I am probably missing something but this is how I determine if images are present.

73,
Doug - W8NFT