[hpsdr] Problems building ghpsdr receiver client (from ghpsdr3 project) on Mac OSX

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 07:46:46 PST 2012

> -I /opt/local/include/gtk-1.2
>
> Should work - make sure that's a capital I (eye) not 1 (one) or L
>
> Pete
> N3EVL

So the problem was there is no reference to CFLAGS in Makefile. I added that
to the compile statement, found all the locations for .h files and
libraries, and added -I and -L switches for them. Now I think it's
satisfying all the dependencies except for an HPSDR file.

For context, I'm trying to build (on OSX) the ghpsdr receiver in the ghpsdr3
project. At N6LYT/ghpsdr3/trunk/src/receiver I type make and I get

Make: *** No rule to make target 'hpsdr_setup.o', needed by 'ghpsdr'. Stop.

There is a source target for hpsdr_setup.c in the makefile, but that file is
not in the receiver/ directory. I do find it at N6LYT/ghpsdr/ and
N6LYT/alextest. I realize those are different projects, but since I don't
have the file anywhere else, I tried copying hpsdr_setup.c from
N6LYT/ghpsdr/ into N6LYT/ghpsdr3/trunk/src/receiver and running make.

Not surprisingly I get a compile error:

hpsdr_setup.c: In function 'hpsdrSetupUI':
hpsdr_setup.c:392: error: 'pennyLane' undeclared (first use in this
function)

Am I missing a source file, or doing something wrong? I'm using source files
from the read-only repo at https://www.xenotropic.com/repos_sdr_hpsdr.

Mark - K4XML