[hpsdr] Hermes status

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Jan 25 17:34:20 PST 2012

All,

We are about to place orders for the pre-production Hermes PCBs.  All
components for a small run of boards, to be assembled using automatic
component placement, are available so we should have pre-production boards
for testing shortly.  At this stage we are not intending to manufacture
additional PCBs in order to sell to members since 1) the limited production
run will make then expensive and 2) there is a small risk that the boards
will have design problems.

When we go into full production then bare PCBs will be available.

In the mean time we do have a limited number of  Rev B Hermes PCBs
available.  A number of these boards have been built and all work 100%.  The
changes between this board and the pre-production are minor, mainly related
to changes to connectors.

Some of our members have previously emailed me asking for Hermes bare PCBs.
We are therefore going to offer the Rev B PCB for sale initally to those who
have already enquired about bare boards.  If these are not all taken then we
will offer them to all members.

So, if you are interested in a Rev B PCB, and have previously emailed me
regarding bare PCBs, then please email me again off reflector and include
your original request.

Thanks

73 Phil....VK6APH