[hpsdr] Overclocking a 130 MHz LCT2208 to 142 MHz - HPSDR on 4 meters?

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:35:29 PST 2012

Hello Vincenzo, All,

I think it would require some similar changes like for Mercury:

- Change the AD9744 DAC-clock to 12x12,88 =147,456 MHz.
   This is a 210 MSPS device, so I think this would not be a problem,
not sure though, maybe there are other problems.
    Furthermore there is a 65 MHz (?) low-pass filter present that
should be changed to >70.5  MHz (4m band assumed to go from 70 to 70.5 MHz.)

- Change the Penelope / Pennylane FPGA / DUC (Digital Up Converter) code
to accommodate the new band

- Change PowerSDR/KISS code

But I hope others will chime in and can surely give better comments on
the modifications which would be possible/necessary.

73's,

Henry - PA0HJA