[hpsdr] HERCULES

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Mon Jan 30 06:27:39 PST 2012

On 1/30/12 2:13 AM, John Westmoreland wrote:

> Travis & The Group,
>
> I don't see the Hercules module discussed on the home page.
>
> What modules is this?  It isn't Hermes - correct?

John,

There's a Hercules wiki page at
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hercules. I guess it's not
prominent on the HPSDR site pages. I think I first discovered it when I
was getting started with HPSDR and it was mentioned on a quick start
page for beginners. It's a 100 watt PA designed to work with
Penny/PennyLane. It has some overlap of capability with Alex (LPF) but
also has something Alex doesn't have (HPF/pre-selector). If you use it
without Alex, Gerd also sells an Antenna Switch to use with Hercules.
Gerd told me in an email a week or so ago that he hasn't yet looked at
how Hercules can play with Alex. He's going to look into that and get
back to me. I'll be glad to share with the group what he tells me.

Mark - K4XML