[hpsdr] Metis hang update

Chris Day scotstramp at msn.com
Thu Jul 26 06:22:46 PDT 2012

Latest round: Switching to a more robust power supply makes no difference, although the 13.8V supplies are now running cooler. I'm dubious about heat being the problem. I've opened up Pandora for more ventilation and, anyway, the two big ICs via the touch test are running almost undetectably warm. N.B. - 100T Ethernet. LEDs are consistent with no Ethernet response. I.e.,    0 - Slow flash, 100T   1 - Flashing   2 - Out   3 - Flashing   4 - Out   5 - Flashing   6 - Flash short-long (Static IP set)   7 - Out   8 - Out   9 - Out  10 - Out  11 - Out  12 - Regular flashing All four power suppy LEDs are lit solidly. Wireshark is consistent with this - bursts of broadcast packets and ARP requests for Metis' static IP address as outgoing traffic, nothing incoming. (Dedicated Ethernet segment.) More suggestions?  Chris DayAE6VK