[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: Munin - Heat Spreader under Final Transistors...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sat Jul 28 09:34:58 PDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [hpsdr] Munin - Heat Spreader under Final Transistors...
Date: 	Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:33:47 -0400
From: 	n3evl <n3evl at townisp.com>
To: 	Kjell Karlsen <la2ni at online.no>

Thanks for all the responses.  It looks like there are a variety of
techniques that have been employed for the various Munin boards that
have been built so far - I think this is due to the fact that there are
different heat sink designs being used.

I have one of the heat sinks provided by Tim O'Rourke, W4YN.  This style
has the milled area that allows the pair of driver transistors to sit
lower while allowing the PA transistors to mate directly to the surface
of the aluminum thus giving good heat transfer so I don' t think a heat
spreader is needed with this design.

Pete, N3EVL