[hpsdr] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7....

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Jul 5 05:25:40 PDT 2012

All,

I'm very pleased to advise that Alex, VE3NEA, has decided to assist with the
further development of the Hermes code.  We have been using some of his
previous FPGA code in Mercury and it's a great pleasure to welcome him back
to the HPSDR project.

Alex has already implemented 7 fully independent receivers in Hermes.  I've
been able to test the first 4 of these using Hermann, DL3HVH,  cuSDR PC
software and they work spectacularly well.

Always willing to take up a  challenge, Alex has decided to optimise the
networking code in order to try and fit yet more receivers into the Hermes
FPGA!

He also indicated that later on he will add CW Skimmer and Server support
for Hermes.

Having so many receivers, and bandscopes, is going to tax the performance of
the associated PC.  In which case the work that Hermann is doing using
OpenCL kernels is going to be very important.

We are indeed fortunate to have such talented contributors as part of the
HPSDR group.

73 Phil...VK6APH