[hpsdr] Munin

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sun Jul 8 16:37:50 PDT 2012

The best person to talk to would be Kjell, LA2NI.  I got email from him
recently and I believe he's on a "fishing trip in the mountains" at the
moment (nice!).  He says he'll be back on 16th.

FWIW I was able to purchase a Munin PCB from him and, following that,
got a set of components from Tim O'Rourke W4YN.  I have no idea if
boards or components are still available from either of these guys.
There is a Bill of Materials available so the components should be
available from the usual sources.  Check with Kjell re the BOM since
there have been revisions.  There are currently no construction details
available since TAPR has not yet taken on this project so I am jumping
the gun a bit.

If you can get hold of a board, note that you may not need the entire
component set if you plan on driving the amp from Penny(lane) - the
initial stage is not needed in that case.  I believe the optional first
stage allows for driving with 0dBm.

I also got some welcome assistance from Rod Brink, KQ6F who provided
some advice on the inductors and some nice photos of a completed unit
(note that the pic on the website shows Kjell's early prototype unit and
some of the items now look a little different).  I'll certainly share
any info and pics I have if needed.

My unit is nearing completion - all SMT stuff done except T6. Just got
some enameled wire in the mail so I can start on the inductors, then
onto the driver and final transistors.  Then the testing begins!

73, Pete, N3EVL