[hpsdr] Thinking outside the box

John Petrich petrich at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 16 06:17:30 PDT 2012

Berndt, Dan and all the rest.  The GNU radio companion, sink and source, is
among the DSP's that would be a natural link to Mercury I&Q.  I think that
the scope of any project to extract I&Q data from Mercury will have to
reconcile how to control the FPGA.  As an initial step, it might be
satisfactory to use PSDR, KISS, or another application that is not
integrated with the DSP to control the FPGA.  That level of functionality
would be sufficient to use  DSP's such as GNU radio companion, TimeLab,
SpectrumLab.

As Phil and Chris have pointed out, it appears possible to port I&Q data via
VAC and Jack.  Joe K5SO, Dan N7HQ, and I have worked on that approach and
hope to have it figured out well enough to publish a Wiki.  But, too much
Summer fun here in the northern hemisphere for this type of work.

Regards,

John, W7FU