[hpsdr] Some Hermes Options for complete transceiver

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Jul 24 14:35:28 PDT 2012

Hermes and Apollo are designed to fit into a standard Hammond box:

Hammond p/n
1455Q1601 (alum finish) or 1455Q1601BK (black finish)
DigiKey
HM1171-ND (alum finish) or 1455Q1601BK-ND (black finish)
Mouser
546-1455Q1601 (alum finish) or 546-1455Q1601BK (black finish)

Cost is about $30, depending on finish.

TAPR is working on the custom end plates for Apollo/Hermes in the
off-the-shelf Hammond box and they should be available before Hermes
arrives. TAPR will likely sell the enclosure with the custom end
plates for a bit more than the Alex enclosure costs, since it is
larger. I would guess about $40.

TAPR is also working on Apollo, for those who want an on-board ATU
included with your PA unit. The cost of Apollo has not been
determined yet, but it will likely be in the $300 to $400 range. We
should know this within about two weeks.

So you have lots of choices, between ATU or no ATU, custom enclosure
or off-the-shelf, external or internal PA, Alex filters, etc, etc.

Happy building!

73,
Scotty WA2DFI